- Trump is the first occupant of the White House who has been given carte blanche to make shit up while providing zero evidence.
- It’s been said that Trump Tweets while sitting on the toilet each morning. I’m thinking his most angry, ridiculous, and outrageous Tweets come from those times when he is the most constipated.
- If Obama did tap Trump’s phones it suggest a federal judge saw sufficient evidence of wrongdoing to justify a warrant.
- In one February Ohio week we had the highest temperature ever recorded, followed by plummeting temperatures and spitting snow, and finishing up with a tornado that left a 7-mile track through Highland County.
- Old Chinese proverb, “Be wary of autocratic rulers with goofy fucking haircuts.”
Being a political junkie and having Trump in the White House makes it almost impossible to have a random thought that is not political. Consider this a warning.
- I just spent four hours shredding documents in what is supposed to be a paperless society.
- I’m becoming paranoid about Trump being paranoid.
- Since January 20, 2017 I’ve had a solid reason to get out of bed and turn on the TV. Unfortunately I’m getting to be a historical eyewitness to the Trump directed meltdown of America.
- The older you get the less you are aware of popular culture. Driving past a multiplex I didn’t recognize a single movie title on their bill board.
- I’ve often wondered what should be the measure of having too much money. Possibly it’s being able to afford to rent a rocket to take you beyond the moon and back.
- All presidents should stop using war widows and victims of violence as political props in their speeches.
- Politicians need to immediately stop putting party before people. They should begin and end any legislative thought by asking if the consequences honestly serve the betterment of the general population.
I love it when ignorance comes home to bite people on the butt cheek. Such is becoming a frequent reality as the truth of the Trump campaign promises unfold. One example is that 35% of Americans don’t know that the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Obamacare are the exact same things. Same thing, different names. Ironically lots of those who supported the conservative right favored the ACA but were dead set opposed to Obamacare.
Just read about the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) writing and releasing a open letter to Trump explaining how many of his campaign promises threaten various parts of the US Constitution, established law, and international agreements. Afterwards I wondered how many people really know what the ACLU stands for and fights for.
In conservative circles the ACLU is seen as a threat to all things red, white and blue. But in more open minds the ACLU is viewed as a group of active attorneys whose mission is to help ensure the people’s rights as guaranteed by the Constitution. In doing so, however, they have often taken positions that some fail to understand. The example that comes to mind is their defense of a neo-Nazi group in Skokie, IL. A lot of people don’t understand that the Constitution says we have a right to assemble, but it doesn’t exclude Nazis.
This came out of a living room conversation last week. It’s an old joke that remains funny to this day.
There’s a revival meeting going on at a local Pentecostal church and the evangelists is at the pulpit encouraging everyone to come forward and confess to their sins. His message is nothing is too bad in the eyes of the Lord and there is no limit to what the Lord will forgive.
After many of people had confessed and been forgiven an old man in the back raises his hand and is encouraged to confess to his sin. The man begins telling a story about how he’d been out fishing and in the spur of the moment decided to have sex with a nearby goat.
The man reported every last detail of the incident expecting the preacher and the congregation to praise him and openly welcome him into the fold.
Instead, the minister sternly and scornfully looked down at the man and said, “Damn brother, I don’t think I’d a told that!”
Every time something new comes out about Trump’s sexual behaviors I expect the public to say, “Damn Donald, I don’t think you should have done that!”
Instead we typically get silence or some reason to absolve him of his behavior. I’ve never witnessed this sort of response towards a person seeking the highest office in the land.
I gotta wonder if Trump could screw the goat and unlike the old man in the story, the minister would tell the congregation pat him on the back, shake his tiny hand, and to give him a big ole’ atta-boy!
Less than one week from the strangest election in modern American history and the polls show a tight race between Clinton and Trump. I’ve been watching the trends for several months and can tell you that the slightest Clinton negative will cost her a point or two while Trump only seems affected by major bombshells going off.
He loud and proud said that he could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Ave and not lose a vote. A friend said he could probably rape his own daughter in that street and go Scot free.
“Woman takes her pet duck on flights for emotional support.” I came across this headline in a recent news feed and it reminded me of a story I read in a 1960s Texas newspaper. A friend and I had stopped for breakfast and I was reading the front page of the local newspaper.
The lead story was about a man who had been arrested for “bestiality.” He had been caught engaging in some sort of carnal relationship with a duck in the city’s park. His case had come to trial and the charges had to be dismissed since the city had no ordinance against f*@king a duck.
Having failed with that the city’s solicitor filed charges of improper use of city property. Those charges too had to be dropped when it was learned that it was the man’s own duck and that he often took his duck to the park for a breath of fresh air.
It is just too difficult to write an individual comment regarding every utterance of bullshit that comes out of the Trump campaign. So, I starting a page of running comments and positions and was going to call it Trumproids. Then I remembered just how highly Donald thinks of himself, hugely God like, so I’m calling it HIM-roids. Here’s a few to get things started:
- 10/7 – Video/audio tape uncovered showing Trump at his misogynist worst. His apology is to say Bill Clinton has said worse.
- 10/7 – Trump makes the totally bogus claim that the Border Patrol is allowing illegals into America so they can vote for Hillary.
- 10/7 – Against DNA evidence Trump still denies the Central Park Five were wrongly accused.
- 10/5 – The conservative Wall Street Journal has found a pattern of Trump contributing to the state’s attorney generals whose offices were investigating his businesses.
- 10/5 – Trump’s former tax account said in multiple interviews that It was Ivana who understood taxes more than Donald. That Donald is not the tax genius he claims.
- 10/5 – Trump’s questionable charity may be in trouble in dozens of states. Attorneys General all over America are looking into the legal status and activities of the Trump Foundation.
- 10/4 – Trump told Pennsylvania steelworkers that America would be rebuilt with Pennsylvania steel. Most of Trump’s recent projects were built with Chinese made steel and aluminum.
Some of you may have seen this on The Daily Show of September 20, 2016. I couldn’t find it online so I recorded it off TV with my camera. Anyway, all I can say is here are several examples of Trump supporters who are deplorably ignorant. And that’s being kind.
FEAR MEETS FACTS: Politifact says between 2004-2014 303 Americans killed by terrorist, including overseas. During same time 320,523 were killed by fellow Americans.
Here’s but one more example of how comedians are able to filter things down to the base truth. It’s also an example of just how difficult 50% of America finds it impossible to accept the truth. So Donald, you seem to be faced with one of three decisions; tell the truth, continue to lie, or, there’s always Colbert’s balls.