Unless he was lying Donald Trump was in Ohio yesterday. Like anytime he appears in public he told a large number of lies and distortions. He said work had begun on his precious Mexican border wall. It hasn’t. What he said was new construction was actually some repairs being done to an old wall.
He seemed to take credit for the initial success of the new Roseanne show. He took credit for all economic improvements and said we had never had an economy this good. Well, others get most of the credit and yes, we’ve had economic periods far better than what we now have.
Continue reading Liars and Those Who Teach Liars to Lie
TRUMP TO COURT: I wonder how many Trump supporters realize their man has two upcoming court dates. One regarding the fraudulent behavior of Trump University and the other, charges of raping a thirteen year old girl in the 1990s.
QUESTION: How can Dr. Oz have such great educational credentials and be the TV quack doctor he’s become? And how do these people find such an audience?
Respect is something that should never be given unless it is earned. As a teenager I respected none of my teachers unless they somehow earned it. In the Navy the officers I respected had all done something to warrant respect. I haven’t a clue how someone earns your respect but for me the rules are pretty simple and basic. Want my respect? Then come close to meeting the things on this list:
- Love all creatures.
- Don’t hurt things.
- Remain tolerant of others. Live your life and allow them theirs.
- Don’t hate.
- Don’t be dogmatic.
- Don’t choose to remain ignorant.
- Don’t make up your own facts.
- Your opinion isn’t worth shit if sound concrete evidence won’t support it.
- You surrender your right to be heard if you don’t vote. So STFU.
- If you don’t like the community you live in either help make it better, STFU, or move.
- Most of what’s wrong in your life is your fault so get off your ass and work on fixing things up.
- And for the moment, at least….don’t permit Donald Trump to mouth another freaking complaint about anyone or anything until he has released his tax records.
Failing any of the above you may want to take a refresher course in Kindergarten rules 101.
If you’ve built an empire based on love of country, Christian morality, family values, baseball, apple pie, hot dogs, John Wayne movies, and mom, there are words you never want said about you, especially in a law suit filed in the New York Supreme Court.
But, that’s exactly what recent happened again to Fox News. This time the claimant is former Fox personality Andrea Tantaros and the subject is once again, sexual harassment against Roger Ailes, Bill O’Reilly, and others. Tantaros suit includes this statement:
“Fox News masquerades as a defender of traditional family values, but behind the scenes, it operates like a sex-fueled, Playboy Mansion-like cult, steeped in intimidation, indecency, and misogyny”
Seriously, there is no surprise here, the casting couch is as old as civilization. I’m sure sexual harassment occurs elsewhere in the television industry but it seems Fox has set itself apart from others by making it a cultural condition of employment.
Continue reading Words You Don’t Want to Hear
SANITY: Looking at the news this morning I was impressed by the number of people who are beginning to seriously question Trump’s psychological stability. Even strong traditional conservative Republicans are openly discussing the sanity of The Donald.
Recently I posted a blog comparing the truth factors of Trump v Hillary. Later that day I read an article in the New Republic about Trump not being a liar but something worse, a bullshitter.
According to the author a bullshitter is someone who has no basis of knowledge in what they are talking about. They’re just making stuff up as they roll along. A liar is someone who knows what they’re talking about, knows the truth, but chooses to tell the story differently.
I’ve always thought I was a bullshitter but now I realize that I’m a liar. I love telling stories and I usually know what I’m talking about. Frequently however, for the sake of making the story better, I will exaggerate or embellish. According to the New Republic that makes me a liar.
I just wish the definitions were reversed. I’d rather be called a bullshitter than a liar.
Click HERE for the New Republic article.
JUST SAYING: On many occasions I’ve said I’d be okay with a centrist Republican. Well, I’m okay with a centrist Democrat as well. Tim Kaine is a centrist Democrat and that’s not a bad thing. Some people think Hillary is too liberal so Kaine the centrist is a logical choice to offset that.
With all the talk about Black Lives Matter here’s a couple of recent comments that affected me.
- “Until black lives matter all lives matter is a lie.”
- “Black lives matter, too!”
A friend who said she trusted my views on politics (can you imagine that?) ask me what I thought about Ohio’s upcoming Issues 2 and 3? I told her that I hadn’t done my homework yet but would do so and get back. Well, the homework is finished and here’s what I think I’ve figured out.
- First of all, this shouldn’t be an issue in Ohio. As a people we’re just not supposed to be this liberal. These things happen on America’s two coastlines.
- Next, there’s a riff between the old stoners and the new stoners, those new kids on the block who are in it for the money. The old stoners all about pot belonging to the people, “man!”
- Issue 3 would permit recreational marijuana in Ohio. But, the number of stores licensed to sell it would be limited and only ten companies would be allowed to grow it. Individuals would be allowed to grow up to four plants for their personal consumption.
- The old stoners don’t like these limits and see it as those with money grabbing a monopoly on weed. I guessing there’s also something I’ll call the “real” stoner and that is the person who just wants to cop a buzz without worrying about doing jail time.
- The opposition to Issue 3 comes from exactly where you think it would come, churches, conservatives, some law enforcement groups, old woman flower clubs, and people who just have overly tight sphincters. Surprisingly, you’ll also find some of the old stoners in the opposition. They’re just pissed that legal weed is not happening the way they thought it should. It’s not a grass-roots (pun intended), power to the people, thing.
- Those in opposition are using confusion to fight their battle. They jumped on the anti-monopoly bandwagon and created Issue 2. Issue 2, if passed, would essentially make it illegal to form a monopoly in Ohio, thus making Issue 3 illegal.
- So, here’s the deal. If you want legal grass in the Buckeye State and you don’t give a crap about who grows it and who sells it, vote NO on Issue 2 and YES on Issue 3.
Okay, that’s my summation of the question about legal marijuana in Ohio. If I missed something please bring it to my attention.
And by the way, I’m casting my votes to make marijuana legal in Ohio. There was a time when marijuana was legal and freely grown in this nation. History says that when Prohibition passed in the 1920s the alcohol interest lobbied for declaring weed to be an illegal narcotic. Their reason was fear that weed would become the people’s favorite high and if alcohol ever became legal again, people wouldn’t want it. How true this is I’m not sure. But what I do know is that marijuana is not a dangerous substance, that it does not drive people insane, that it’s not a gateway drug leading straight to shooting heroin into one’s veins, that marijuana is far less dangerous than alcohol, and that for too long, too many people have been fined too much money and spent too much time in prison. It’s time for a change and that’s what I’m voting for.
And, if Issue 3 passes I’m going to look up Alice B. Toklas’ recipe for brownies and wash one down with a Miller High Life. Don’t Bogart that brownie my friend, pass it over to me.
George W. Bush sent America’s youth and treasure into the sovereign nation of Iraq without reason or direct provocation. His reasons were all proven to be unfounded and in doing so he:
- Wasted over 4,000 American lives.
- Created tens of thousands of American casualties.
- Killed well over a 100,000 civilian Iraqis.
- Destroyed a nation’s infrastructure.
- Borrowed enormous amounts of money to pay for a senseless war.
- Indebted Americans for decades to come.
- Created a political vacuüm that is laying waste to an entire world region.
- And instituted a foreign policy that has further tarnished America’s image in the world. We’re even more the big bully on the block.
GW’s actions are also the root of what happened in Libya and led up to the death of those four Americans in Benghazi.
Continue reading Just sayin’; What’s with this Benghazi obsession?
I saw this posted in an Internet meme but wasn’t sure it was true. So I did a Google search and found this quote on Cory Booker’s own Facebook page as well as in an article in the New York Times. As far as I’m concerned the message applies to people of all faiths and people of no faith.
“Before you speak to me about your religion, first show it to me in how you treat other people; before you tell me how much you love your God, show me in how much you love all His children; before you preach to me of your passion for your faith, teach me about it through your compassion for your neighbors. In the end, I’m not as interested in what you have to tell or sell as in how you choose to live and give.” Cory Booker, D-US Senate from New Jersey
I’d suggest we all try this shoe on and make sure it fits. If it doesn’t you need to get you a shoe stretcher.
Here’s what pisses me off. Oil prices are at a six and a half-year low while we in the Mid-West are experiencing rapid increases in gasoline prices. The claimed cause is a major Indiana refinery being on the fritz.
But that’s not what’s pissed me off. What’s pissed me off is that refinery being owned by BP with whom I’ve had a major beef going back to the 1980s. For the better part of thirty-five years I have boycotted BP in every possible way. My dislike of them was only heightened by their negligence leading up to the environmental rape of the Gulf of Mexico.
During the first decades of my BP boycott I never purchased their products but I would occasionally stop by one of their stations to pee on toilet seat in the men’s room and on the way out stop by the women’s room and leave the seat up. Following the Gulf rape I don’t even do that. I just wanted to forget they even existed. To erase my memory.
Just when I had reached that blissful world of BPlessness, BAM, the bastards are back in my life! Reminds me of that line in the Godfather, “Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.”
I never been a big fan of iced coffee but that may be changing. For several weeks now I’ve been fixing my morning cup of Kuerig and only taking a few sips before getting involved in some necessary or unnecessary activity.
Later in the afternoon I rediscover my almost full mug of coffee and and instead of tossing it I’ve been throwing in a handful of ice and cooling down with it while I mess on the Internet. Today’s flavor is a strong Cuban espresso made by Cafe Bustelo. I like it, I like it a lot!
My latest favorite quote is….
“If a tree falls in the forest and Fox News isn’t there to hear it, is it Obama’s fault?”