In my eye Donald Trump supporters have to be among the greatest hypocrites yet. They claim to want America back and in that claim the say they want politicians who sill listen to them, won’t lie to them, who will put their concerns in front of their own. I can easily understand those wishes because they are my own. I too want all those things. A difference, however, is that I know that political reality has never permitted that to happen. Some politicians are better at it but there are always examples where even those have to ignore the mass and pay the piper.
What I can’t understand is how so many disgruntled Americans can put their eggs in Donald Trump’s basket (where have I heard that word). Trump is maybe the last person who can listen, empathize, and put the concerns of others before his own. No such evidence exists.
Here as long a list of Trump lies as I can stand accumulating:
- Trump claims Obama didn’t attend Columbia University.
- Trump suggest Obama cheated to get into an Ivy League school.
- Trump claims that Obama didn’t write his autobiography.
- Trump distributes bogus crime statistics.
- Trump cast doubt on the death of Justice Antonin Scalia.
- Trump makes false claims about the San Bernardino terrorists.
- Trump claims that he saw thousands of Muslims cheering on 9/11.
- Trump claims that climate change is a Chinese conspiracy.
- The five-year lie about Obama not being an US citizen.
- The birther issue was started by Hillary Clinton.
- That the majority of Mexicans who immigrate to America are rapists.
- Trump claims that no body is interested in his tax return and that the audit laws won’t permit him to release his returns.
- Trump claims he was opposed to Iraq war.
- Trump claims to be pro-American worker while employing hundreds of foreign workers for his hotels and golf resorts.
- He also manufacturers his clothing line in Mexico and Asia.
- Trump claims that the US Military is “depleted.” Fact is America has the strongest military in the world and spends more on its military than the next seven largest nations combined.
- Trump believes the stock market isn’t a real market and claims he doesn’t invest in it. Truth is he is deeply invested and profits greatly from those investments.
- Trump falsely claims Hillary wants to repeal the 2nd Amendment.
Seriously, growing this list is so easy it has stopped being fun. You can easily find websites that specialize in posting one, or more, daily Trump lie. Trump’s honesty can most easily be determined by Googling the sentence, “What percentage of trumps statements are lies?” The answers will range from the low 70s to the low 90s. Imagine that, according to the fact checkers over 70% of what Donald Trump, the man who promises the working man the truth, says is false.
So, knowing this and continuing to support Trump makes you a hypocrite. You say you want the truth but like Jack Nicolas said in the film, A Few Good Men, “You can’t handle the truth!”