Chef Avery Elliot has talked for several months about starting a membership only supper club at her EAT restaurant in Hillsboro. There are few locations where one can enjoy a great meal along with a glass of their favorite wine or other adult beverage. Since she doesn’t have a liquor license the only legal way to make this possible is by offering memberships in a private club. The basic details are as follows:
- Members only BYOB Supper Club.
- Members must be 21yrs or older.
- Saturday nights, beginning June 23, 2012 between 6pm-9pm.
- This concept is legal, as long as it is a private function. A function not open to the general public.
- These evenings will be members and guests only.
- EAT will offer regular menu items and chef specials at menu prices.
- Supper Club Dues, $24 per couple for one year ($12 per person). Entice another couple or single person to join and receive a 50%discount for yourself.
- Members allowed to invite guests for a fee of $3 per guest.
- EAT will supply great food, ice, glasses, wine bucket, water and soda. Members provide their own alcoholic beverage of choice.
- Please stop by during business hours to join EAT’s Saturday Night Supper Club.
While having alcohol available for a meal is not important to my wife and I we plan to become members just to take part in the occasional evening and to support a great local resource. If $24 a year will help guarantee a good restaurant remains in our area, it’s a price well paid. To have local you have to support local!